Monday, December 30, 2013

Christmas magic

This month is almost over.  Praise the Lord.  It's been a tough one too.  I was smart and bought most of our Christmas gifts before Thanksgiving, but then agreed to make 5 penguin costumes for my daughters school Christmas program.  Being that I've only sewed one pair of pj pants in the last 20 years, this was a big endeavor.  I also thought I'd be crafty and make a few blankets as gifts.  I don't regret any of it, however, it made for a crazy December.  I do, however, feel blessed beyond belief at what joy these kids bring me and my hubby.  Crazy, hectic joy is still joy.  Just with a few gray hairs thrown in.  Tonight, all four of my kids dressed up in their fanciest clothes, they did their hair, and the girls even put on a little make up.  They turned on some ballroom music and held a Christmas prom in the living room.  The lights from the tree sparkled and they just laughed and danced.  It really was magic.  I can't wait for my sweet girl to be home in a few short months to enjoy all this craziness.  I've got a few blonde hairs left on my head that are just waiting for her shenanigans to turn them gray.  And since we're talking about Christmas magic, I would love to see a miracle happen and have Russia open back up their doors.  Joshua should have been here this year to enjoy Christmas.  Miracles happen every day, so I will just keep on praying.  For now, I'm going to enjoy the calm of Christmas break.  Well....if you want to call it that.  The kids are home from school, which is enough to put me on my knees and beg God for my sanity back.  But I also have nothing to do except play with these little cherubs.  Merry Christmas to everyone reading this and I hope your holidays are special!


No comments:

Post a Comment