Tuesday, November 26, 2013

Come on already!!

I believe it's been six weeks since we received our Request for Evidence letter from USCIS.  I've gone through a few phases since then.  The first was the "It's ok because people make mistakes" phase.  In my previous life, I prepared taxes.  Even the smartest and most experienced person (not me) can make a mistake.  It's cool.  But after 3 weeks of waiting for the missing information to show up, I moved into the "My jaw hurts like heck because of tension" phase.  After my social worker received the clearance and I still didn't receive the addendum for another week, I moved on to the "Don't talk to me.  I'm bitter and angry" phase.  I decided it would be best that I talk to no one.  Only negativity came out of my mouth.  God worked on me during that phase.  I turned to Him and just tried to keep my mouth shut.  This is why I'm a God fan.  He is there to keep me from going off the deep end.  But now, I'm just in the "I'm completely dumbfounded" phase.  The USCIS officer has had my changes for a week and she's not returning my phone calls.  I'm not a drinker.....well...not much of a drinker....but this whole situation has me googling sangria recipes.  Why be dumbfounded, bitter, or angry on Thanksgiving?  Instead, I'm going to take my stress out on a sangria and a whole lot of turkey.  Poor turkey.....
 

No comments:

Post a Comment